Author Topic: Parking brake light  (Read 1842 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: Parking brake light
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »
It would be good for you to purchase a Fiero repair manual so that you can tell us which of your problems stem from Fiero parts or aftermarket parts, then we won't have to guess.  You can find them on Ebay or other websites that have them.  Familiarize yourself on which parts of your replica are Fiero pieces and which are not.  This will help us to steer you as to what your problems are and how to correct them.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Parking brake light
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:41:54 PM »
Are you familiar with the Fiero hand brake? Assuming your Lambo is still using the stock Fiero hand brake, then the light is (most likely) indicating that the hand brake is engaged...this would make sense you said you feel no resistance. With the Fiero hand brake, you need to lift it all the way up until you feel resistance and then push (and hold) the button while you lower the handle back to the release position. The parking brake (calipers and/or cable) also needs to be properly adjusted so it engages correctly.

Lambolegend

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Parking brake light
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 09:16:13 PM »
Recently bought a Diablo roadster on a Fierro donor. Has a few electrical issues. The one bothering me right now is that I pulled the had brake and had no resistance. And now the Parking light on dash is lit and there's a chime sounding all the time. Driving me nuts. Any suggestions where to start to rectify this?
Also power locks don't work and are the VDO gauges supposed to light up?
Thanks in advance.