Author Topic: diablo door travel  (Read 1767 times)

orbitzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: diablo door travel
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:38:46 AM »
I can answer my self, yes the hinge is mounted on a slight angle, about 6mm lower on the outerside. The latch needs to drag the door against the weather strip when closing.
You have to care for enough space in the roof section when door gets off the latch, when the door is badly adjusted it swings against the roof (maybe my problem only).
Mercedes w126 latches is very big and not so small and neat as the more original w107 latches wiht angeld lock function.
I hade alot of problem to get the car and the hinge enough rigid so the door opens without sway. You guys that have done this proabably now what i mean.
The hinge need to go free from the wheel, free from the innerfender and need to let the door clear the front fender when opend. Now i have to figure out window mechanism and the gasstrut mounting.. Very much work with completing the doors.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: diablo door travel
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
The door swings on a radius of the hinge pin.  Do you have inner door latches or outer?  Pictures please.  Sounds like your door is mounted rearward too far.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

orbitzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
diablo door travel
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »
Hi!

Building doors/hinges and trying out alot of combinations.
I have a problem that underside of my doorpanel at the rear hits the door locking mechanism in the pilar (Mercedes latch).

Is the hinge mounted on a slight angel that sways the door out from the door opening at first?

It looks like that on oem cars, but i'm not sure.
trying out the third model of hinge right now and i'm about too loosing it.

But i have to make this one more time because the door is to weak, i have to much material bending  on the way thru the door in to the chassie.