Author Topic: Carlisle show moved to August  (Read 2267 times)

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Re: Carlisle show moved to August
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »
This Covid-19 is not a joke!  I feel sorry for those who think it is a hoax. This stuff can kill you.  If you don't die, it can leave you permanently disabled for the rest of your life.  ANY mass gathering is a potential infection site.  The older you get, the more dangerous it is.  Carlisle is exactly one of these locations.  It might be outdoors but it is still not safe to attend large gatherings.  Consider if you want to risk your life on this earth because you missed seeing a bunch of cars.  Put things in perspective.  Seeing cars or living well for the rest of your life.
That being said, I will not be attending this year's Carlisle show.  I hope everyone else feels the same way.  I would hate to lose good friends.  Stay safe.

RT

PS:  The NASCAR race at Watkins Glen has been cancelled.  I will not be going there.

RT.... You are so absolutely correct. Covid is not a joke....
This is not a Political conspiracy or a movement, This is a worldwide pandemic, and in the last worldwide Pandamic over 50 million people died from the Spanish Flue. AND THAT'S BASED ON REPORTED NUMBERS WITH 100 YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY AND MONITORING SYSTEM. The numbers are probably 4x more then what was reported based on some research.
Please be safe

CCIE

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »
This Covid-19 is not a joke!  I feel sorry for those who think it is a hoax. This stuff can kill you.  If you don't die, it can leave you permanently disabled for the rest of your life.  ANY mass gathering is a potential infection site.  The older you get, the more dangerous it is.  Carlisle is exactly one of these locations.  It might be outdoors but it is still not safe to attend large gatherings.  Consider if you want to risk your life on this earth because you missed seeing a bunch of cars.  Put things in perspective.  Seeing cars or living well for the rest of your life.
That being said, I will not be attending this year's Carlisle show.  I hope everyone else feels the same way.  I would hate to lose good friends.  Stay safe.

RT

PS:  The NASCAR race at Watkins Glen has been cancelled.  I will not be going there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:00:03 PM by RT »
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Jimbo

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 07:34:02 PM »
Is anyone going this weekend?  As long as I can miss the rain I plan to be there.

Jimbo

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »
I like that time of year for the show but if people are allowed to socialize, and the show does go on, I will be at Watkins Glen that weekend for the NASCAR race.  I have the camping and seat tickets ready to go.
Just an update on my build.  (this is a long story but I will try to make it short) I have had a B***h-of-a-time trying to get my engine to run right.  The last time I was at Carlisle the engine put out white "smoke" from the exhaust.  That "smoke" was actually water vapor!  The 32-valve hemi-heads were made with porous aluminum castings and the engine was sucking water into the combustion chambers.  So off came the heads and on went original LT1 heads.  The engine STILL would not rev past 3000 RPM so I changed the ignition system including a new optispark, eliminating the MSD box, trying a new standard LT1 ignition system, etc., etc., etc.  NOTHING WORKED!  So I sought computer experts to help.  I was told the FAST XFI system was "old school", I needed the Holley Terminator X.  So I completely revised the computer system along with rebuilding the heads, installing new st. stl. headers and eight coils, and a whole bunch of extras to make everything fit.
First try at starting the engine and it did not start!  After a dozen or so calls to the Holley help line I am the one who found out the wires to the crank sensor were connected to the wrong terminals (much to their surprise).  Still no start!  More calls, still no answers.  Finally I found the wires to the cam sensor were connected to the wrong terminals!  AHA!  Now it will start!  Not exactly.  It does start and run but not well.  Lots of pops and rough running.  I think I have the answer now but am waiting for supplies to test my theory.  Meanwhile I have addressed some finishing details, wasted a years worth of state inspection and insurance and NOW I'm faced with where to get it re-inspected and when I am ready to drive, where to?

For clarification:
The Holley Terminator X wired the crank and cam sensors for the sensors used on an LS engine.  The GM sensors used in the adapter kit for the LT1 are wired backwards to the LS sensors. Both sensors used the identical plug connectors so plugging them in offered no clue they were wrong.  That's why I had the issue but Holley could not tell me that might happen.  There are only three wires but they were wired left to right and I needed right to left.  Therefore, not quite Holley's fault but I think they should have known this was possible and alerted me about it.

Guys, I will let you know when everything is good to go.  Sorry I won't be at this year's Carlisle.  Stay safe, we need everybody.

RT

Rats, never been to a NASCAR race would mind.  Wife and I are hoping to buy an RV post C19 and do some travelling.....Watkins Glen would be the kind of track I'd go for, not big just left turns...

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »
I like to watch "Garage Squad", "Fantom Works", and "Kindig" shows.  I have seen them all incur difficulty installing different ignition and fuel systems.  A lot of the time, it ends up being a wiring/connector problem.  When my son and I were doing a back half 4-link setup on his 87 Camaro, we were installing a Ford 9".  The Richmond ring gear would NOT fit onto the Strange spool due to the radius on the spool and the diagonal cut on the back side of the ring gear. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:08:12 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

RT

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 12:02:12 PM »
I like that time of year for the show but if people are allowed to socialize, and the show does go on, I will be at Watkins Glen that weekend for the NASCAR race.  I have the camping and seat tickets ready to go.
Just an update on my build.  (this is a long story but I will try to make it short) I have had a B***h-of-a-time trying to get my engine to run right.  The last time I was at Carlisle the engine put out white "smoke" from the exhaust.  That "smoke" was actually water vapor!  The 32-valve hemi-heads were made with porous aluminum castings and the engine was sucking water into the combustion chambers.  So off came the heads and on went original LT1 heads.  The engine STILL would not rev past 3000 RPM so I changed the ignition system including a new optispark, eliminating the MSD box, trying a new standard LT1 ignition system, etc., etc., etc.  NOTHING WORKED!  So I sought computer experts to help.  I was told the FAST XFI system was "old school", I needed the Holley Terminator X.  So I completely revised the computer system along with rebuilding the heads, installing new st. stl. headers and eight coils, and a whole bunch of extras to make everything fit.
First try at starting the engine and it did not start!  After a dozen or so calls to the Holley help line I am the one who found out the wires to the crank sensor were connected to the wrong terminals (much to their surprise).  Still no start!  More calls, still no answers.  Finally I found the wires to the cam sensor were connected to the wrong terminals!  AHA!  Now it will start!  Not exactly.  It does start and run but not well.  Lots of pops and rough running.  I think I have the answer now but am waiting for supplies to test my theory.  Meanwhile I have addressed some finishing details, wasted a years worth of state inspection and insurance and NOW I'm faced with where to get it re-inspected and when I am ready to drive, where to?

For clarification:
The Holley Terminator X wired the crank and cam sensors for the sensors used on an LS engine.  The GM sensors used in the adapter kit for the LT1 are wired backwards to the LS sensors. Both sensors used the identical plug connectors so plugging them in offered no clue they were wrong.  That's why I had the issue but Holley could not tell me that might happen.  There are only three wires but they were wired left to right and I needed right to left.  Therefore, not quite Holley's fault but I think they should have known this was possible and alerted me about it.

Guys, I will let you know when everything is good to go.  Sorry I won't be at this year's Carlisle.  Stay safe, we need everybody.

RT

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
It is a better time of the year for it for sure but will anybody be allowed out to play  :LL:

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:28:32 AM »

LOL, how will we handle the sunshine?????

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »
August 14-16???  FOR SALE: Slickers, galoshes, ponchos, rain coats, umbrellas, all-weather tent, etc.  No reasonable offer refused.  Cash only.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

RT

Carlisle show moved to August
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
The Carlisle Import and Performance Nationals has been moved to August 14-16 with Gate-and-Go 10% discount moved to July 13.