Author Topic: Vaydor Project  (Read 10702 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: Vaydor Project
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 05:18:02 AM »
OK MR, guys like you are coming and going back with broken dreams all years, after waking up to see, that to build a Kit Car ain't that easy , time involve up to 10 years to have good replica , fab skills, mechanical, money and lot of money, space, finding parts , family issues, etc etc,
as a broker unless you have your own biz you'll make a buck , but yeah maybe not that much as not your own.
do remember I'm, not here to tell you what to do,but think and think again. you maybe better off with Vette or GT Mustang and drive tomorrow. 
Peace Bro

Theoneabove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 7
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 12:58:11 AM »
eh, he wont buy any anyway ,bit of his dream in the head. but as realtor he should pack a  few bucks . homes are not that cheap no more specially in big city. even 2% on sale not bad. in my town they drive high end cars but not to fancy,
And I’m not a Realtor I’m a Broker. Realtors work for me.

Theoneabove

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 12:55:42 AM »
eh, he wont buy any anyway ,bit of his dream in the head. but as realtor he should pack a  few bucks . homes are not that cheap no more specially in big city. even 2% on sale not bad. in my town they drive high end cars but not to fancy,
would you like to put a wager on me buying something?

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 09:12:46 PM »

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »
I’m just looking for the kit only so I can start a build. I can get the donor car for a good deal. I’m not asking for someone to build me a Vaydor for $14k. All I’m asking is if anyone has a kit they purchased that they no longer want to use. I was checking with people here to see if I could put money into their pocket rather than going to the website first although if need be I could purchase one from Matt at Vaydor if one was not available here. That was all I was inquiring about. Once again sorry to confuse you guys.

We're just looking out for you, we all know too well how expensive this hobby gets.  Most people jump into it before knowing all of the facts and never finish their builds because it ends up costing too much or they just don't have the skills.  Not to mention that most finished builds don't come close to the quality of the real thing anyway, even with a lot of $$$ invested.  kit cars are for the car builder hobbyists, if you don't like building cars then do yourself a favor and don't buy one.

Theoneabove

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 01:33:57 PM »
Looks like your "fate" has a lot of choices.  50% down payment up front to be put on a build list?  Body & Interior pieces = $14K.  + wheels & tires $5.8K + chassis $15-$20K? + Paint/Body work $4K + Windshield $? + Tail lights $? + Misc. $6K ?  Please talk to someone who has built a Vaydor before paying a dime.  Have you read the  "Lessons learned - Advice to Newbies" on this forum?

I’m just looking for the kit only so I can start a build. I can get the donor car for a good deal. I’m not asking for someone to build me a Vaydor for $14k. All I’m asking is if anyone has a kit they purchased that they no longer want to use. I was checking with people here to see if I could put money into their pocket rather than going to the website first although if need be I could purchase one from Matt at Vaydor if one was not available here. That was all I was inquiring about. Once again sorry to confuse you guys.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
Contact Rodney, He is a member on this forum, He has already build one and can build you one. I can vouch for him
He does an awesome job

CCIE

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
Looks like your "fate" has a lot of choices.  50% down payment up front to be put on a build list?  Body & Interior pieces = $14K.  + wheels & tires $5.8K + chassis $15-$20K? + Paint/Body work $4K + Windshield $? + Tail lights $? + Misc. $6K ?  Please talk to someone who has built a Vaydor before paying a dime.  Have you read the  "Lessons learned - Advice to Newbies" on this forum?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:17:13 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

minihawn

• Liked: 84
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
Forgive me for saying so, but I’m a bit confused. You say that your budget is Large enough to warrant purchasing  a “brand new” build if you wanted to. Yet instead of reaching out to Matt at Vader kits for a “brand new body” (just body) . You prefer the risk of Possibly getting scammed buying second hand, not to mention you may not receive all parts from said  person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fate has no choice

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 08:41:54 AM »
Not looking for a fully built car. I should have been more specific. Im looking just for the body kit. I was just checking to see if anyone had a Vaydor body kit laying around they wanted to get rid of. I will be doing the build myself.

I don't know if you'll find anyone here with one, maybe on madmechanics.  It looks like you can buy it here though, http://vaydorexotics.com/prices/.  I don't know anything about that company, make sure it's legit and not a scam before giving them any money.

Theoneabove

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »
You're just not going to get a fully built car for cheap. Realistically it would cost at least 80k+ to have a custom car built with any quality.  If you're not interested in building the car yourself you're better off just buying a car from a well known manufacturer.  Just fork up 100k and get a Galardo if you have that kind of money, it will be a much better car.  Most of us have over 40k invested in our cars and that's just the cost of parts.
Not looking for a fully built car. I should have been more specific. Im looking just for the body kit. I was just checking to see if anyone had a Vaydor body kit laying around they wanted to get rid of. I will be doing the build myself.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »
You're just not going to get a fully built car for cheap. Realistically it would cost at least 80k+ to have a custom car built with any quality.  If you're not interested in building the car yourself you're better off just buying a car from a well known manufacturer.  Just fork up 100k and get a Galardo if you have that kind of money, it will be a much better car.  Most of us have over 40k invested in our cars and that's just the cost of parts.

Theoneabove

Vaydor Project
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:01:09 PM »
So after thinking of doing a Aventador build, some kind people advised me I should possibly try something else. Some mentioned a Vaydor… so does anyone have one they're thinking of letting go of and whats your price. my budget is being able to buy one brand new from the company if I had to. If theres something interesting I may switch it up.

thanks for all your help